What if you could access an advanced tool that streamlines your business operations and gives you that extra edge? Website and Web applications are the perfect ways to stay on track and ahead in the game. How do you identify which works better for your business?
Website vs Web Application
What is the difference between Website and Web Applications? Essentially, websites are created to bring more visitors and increase sales. They have visually appealing aesthetics, usability and provide value. You need a user-friendly website to shift your business on digital platforms. On the other hand, Website applications can prove to be a game-changer. You have more freedom and flexibility while developing web apps.
What is a Website?
Speaking in technical terms, a Website is a compilation of static HTML pages that’s made visible on the Internet through Web servers; and can be accessed through Web Browsers. Generally, there are multiple web pages such as About us, Home Page, Services, and Contact us. One single domain name - URL follows for all the pages.
When to choose a Website?
What is Web Application?
Web applications are focused on convincing the users to take action. It’s an intuitive tool, unlike any other software. These tools utilize Augmented Rich Internet applications including JavaFX, Flash, and SilverLight. The tools are accessible through the browser just like websites but perform a broader set of functions.
The advent of Software as a Service (Saas) increased the popularity of web applications. It has opened up room for new possibilities rather than creating a Static website that informs and does nothing more. Generally, web apps are free but you can create a paid one, depending on its popularity. Here are some classic examples that will help you understand what a web application is.
When to choose a Web application?
If you’re looking for more action-oriented functions, a Web application would work best. Actions include publishing, shopping, chatting, online booking, making payments, or adding friends. This can be your dynamic website that attracts more users through its interactive design.
Websites like Amazon and Flipkart are classic examples of a Web application. They require features that allow users to place their order online, signup/login, track orders, chat with the customer service and make payments online.
Web applications would work best for you, if you’re creating a platform that engages, entertains, increases profits, and follows advanced technology. The cost to build a web application is expensive when compared to the cost to develop a website. You require more features and flexibility with a web application.
What is the difference between Website and Web Applications?
In order to grow your business, you need to hire web developers from the top web development company. Your brand deserves experts who can understand your vision, long-term plan and create a platform that attracts your target audience.
What are the popular types of Web Applications?
1. E-learning - These platforms are created for providing online education on different topics that include video lessons, practice sessions, tests, and tracking your progress. Udemy and Skillshare are some examples.
2. Booking Platforms - This lets you make prior bookings or appointments for hotel reservations, travel tickets, online food services, and accommodation. Example: MakeMyTrip and Airbnb.
3. E-commerce Stores - Making shopping easier, brands can now create an online store just like a physical one. List your products with the features and pricing. Customers can directly place an order on the website, choose a payment method and the item would be delivered to their doorstep. Example: Myntra and OLX.
5. CRM - Customer Relationship Management System is utilized to enhance workflow, manage client relationships and other operations.
6. Content Management System - CMS is a technology used for developing blogs or other digital formats. The end result is a regular website but CMS makes the back-end process much easier. Example: WordPress.
These are the different types of Web apps. You can enjoy a different set of advantages of web application development with every type.
What is the difference between Website and Web Applications? Website and Web applications play an important role in building your brand. While Websites focus more on providing information, a web app can help you juggle different actions through interactive and unique features. If your intent is to inform the users about your company and its services, you can go for a website. A website application would work if you’re looking to broaden your website features and provide the users with more flexibility and control.
Define your purpose behind the platform. This will help you to decide when to choose a web application or when to choose a website. For getting expert help, you can hire web developers for availing the best web development services. The largest brands today worked with the top web development company that handles the back-end process and provides support 24x7.